A day at "The SOUK" featuring interviews with NoCo, Rockland Roots and Teagevity (Filmed Feb 14, 2016)
Sunday, March 6th (11 – 3)
Brian (Rockland Roots) rolls in this week with his food truck.
This week’s vendors, menus & specials:
Arlotta Food Studios: Organic Olive Oils, Herbal and Fruit Infused Oils, Balsamic Vinegars, tapenades & organic handmade air dried pasta.
Corona D’oro: Pesto in six varieties. Basil, Cilantro, Sun Dried Tomato, Spinach/Basil Vegan, Greek & Kale…. (Hosted by The Pickle Man)
Dan Madura Farms: Local produce from the black dirt region of NY including kale, swiss chard, lettuces, arugula, spinach, potatoes, 15 – 20 varieties of exotic mushrooms (including maitake, shiitake, king oyster, lion’s mane, Pioppini), garlic, onions, eggs & more. (Note: Dan Madura Farms is not affiliated with John D. Madura Farms).
Dutch Girl Cheese: Raw milk cow, sheep & goat cheese.
Luxx Chocolat: International Chocolate Salon award winner 2015 Best Chocolatiers & Confectioners in America.
Maria’s Biscotti & Gourmet Edibles: Stuffed breads that are great as an appetizer or meal. 16 varieties available. This week we are sampling:
- Savannah: (Vegan) Roasted sweet potatoes, toasted pecans, scallions, maple syrup & a dash of truffle salt
- Milan: Grilled free-range chicken, sauteed spinach with provolone & mozzarella
Nahmias et Fils: Yonkers based distillery. The only producer of mahia in the United States.
- Mahia: The national spirit of Morocco made from figs.
- Legs Diamond Whiskey: 100% organic rye sustainably grown from local farms.
Northern Comfort Catering (NoCo): Backyard BBQ & home cooked comfort foods.
- BBQ chicken wings
- Pulled pork
- Corn souffle
- Butternut squash penne pasta
- Buffalo chicken mac & cheese
Rockland Roots Food Truck: (in the truck) Farm-to-table prepared foods.
* All items gluten free
Roost: New American restaurant, serving dinner and a spectacular Sunday brunch.
- Three grain mushroom soup with black truffle
- Labne (signature thick strained, creamy yogurt)
- Raw honey
- Sohha’s savory toppings (made with organic olive oil and spices
Upstate’s Creations: Our specials this week are our smoked ham steaks at only $7/lb, saving you $2/lb. We are also taking orders for our smoked hams at only $5/lb which saves you $1/lb. We also have fresh hams ($5/lb) and ham steaks ($6/lb) available. Please pre-order (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we make sure to bring enough of our delicious hams.
Wild Sea Salt: Healthful seasoning on the wild side.
- Salt tastings & salt samplers (for sale)