Week IV: January 31st, 2016
This week we have a packed house of vendors including some first time appearances. Come by this Sunday… You won’t be disappointed.
Teagevity, The Spice Rack & The Pickle Man (including pestos from Corona D’Oro)
Features & Specials:
- Wings & Fries made with Essie’s spice blends and marinades(The Spice Rack)
- Chicken Chilaquiles (Mimi’s Plate)
- Vegetarian Pad Thai & Butternut squash soup(La Talaye)
- Buffalo chicken mac n’ cheese & Vegetarian/gluten-free corn chowder (NoCo)
- The “Milwaukee”and “Parisian” stuffed breads. Also your last chance to pick up the “End Zone” for your Superbowl party– descriptions below (Maria’s Gourmet Edibles)
- Spicy crab soup & Roasted tomato soup(Roost)
Below is a full list of vendor offerings and specials for this Sunday.
Arlotta Food Studios: Organic olive oils, herbal & fruit infused oils, balsamic vinegars, tapenades & organic handmade air dried pasta.
Bien Cuit: Breads, muffins & viennoiserie.
Dan Madura Farms: Local produce from the black dirt region of NY including kale, swiss chard, lettuces, arugula, spinach, potatoes, 15 – 20 varieties of exotic mushrooms including maitake, broccoli/cauliflower (while supplies last), garlic, onions, eggs & more. (Note: Dan Madura Farms is not affiliated with John D. Madura Farms).
Dutch Girl Cheese: Raw milk cow, sheep & goat cheese.
Irving Farm Coffee Roasters: Coffee roasted here in the Hudson Valley. Come get your pour-overs!
La Talaye Catering: International Cuisine with a Caribbean twist. This week:
- Butternut squash soup
- Green lentil coconut-ginger soup (vegan)
- Vegetarian Pad Thai
- Caribbean patties (organic beef and vegetables)
- Caribbean slaw, marinated chickpeas & onions
- Caribbean patties stuffed with organic local veggies or beef.
The Little Bake Shop: Regular & gluten-free pastries, pies, and cookies
Maria’s Biscotti & Gourmet Edibles: Stuffed breads (16 varieties)
Available this Sunday only!!: The “End Zone” for your Superbowl party… limited supply, so come early!!!. This bread is stuffed with braised grass-fed angus beef, beer simmered bratwurst, caramelized red peppers & onions, provolone, mozzarella and cheddar.
Also featuring The “Milwaukee” (Bratwurst simmered in locally produced beer, then grilled and combined with sweet/sour red cabbage and aged, creamy Irish cheddar) and the “Parisian” (Brie, sweetened cranberries, caramelized onions deglazed with chardonnay).
Mimi’s Plate: Chicken chilaquiles
Nahmias et Fils: Mahia: A handcrafted fig spirit, by a master Hudson Valley distiller; Legs Diamond Whiskey: 100% organic New York Rye
Northern Comfort Catering (NoCo): Pulled pork, baby back ribs, mac and cheese, buffalo chicken mac and cheese, chili, corn souffle and a vegetarian, gluten free corn chowder.
The Pickle Man: Pickles, olives, and pestos (by Corona D’Oro)
Roost: Roasted tomato soup (with salsa verde & crispy parmesan) + Spicy Crab Soup (available for takeout only)
Sohha Savory Yogurt: Signature thick strained yogurt (labne), voted best by New York Magazine 2014. Plus Hummus, Babaganouj & Sohha’s savory toppings made with organic olive oil & spices, perfect for marinades, dressings or adding to yogurt.
The Spice Rack: Sauces, spice blends, and marinades combining seasonings from Essie Bartels’ native Ghana with flavors from her travels around the world.
- Coco-Garlic marinade: Coconut Oil, Roasted Garlic, Roasted Pepper & Shallots with a hint of Honey.
- Meko Dry Rub: Roasted & Dried Groundnut with Asian & West-African spices.
- Tamarind & Guava sauce: with Madagascan Vanilla & Ginger
- Spicy Mango Sauce: with Jamaican Chili & Mexican Ajicito Peppers.
This week try Essie’s wings & fries made with her special spice blends and marinades!
Tallman Beach & Pool Club Funded by Billy Procida, a Piermont resident, the Tallman Beach and Pool Club will open May 2016. Sign up at The “SOUK” and receive up to 20% off a seasonal pass. Enjoy pristine views of the Hudson River and the 3rd largest Marine estuary on the East Coast from your lounge chair on our beach! Come for early morning Yoga and stay for the live entertainment.
Teagevity: Purveyors of organic loose tea, herbs & tea gear.
Upstate’s Creations: Pastured grass-fed farm raised meats.